Chloe will only be 18 months old when this new baby arrives so we decided to go ahead and get her a new bedroom set and crib. We've had it since November and got all the furniture set up over the holidays. Since the nursery is pretty neutral I decided to go totally girly for the new room. I got a purple bedding set from Pottery Barn Kids along with some pink and purple wall decorations. I wanted to do something with her name in the room but thought plain white might not stand out much, so feeling crafty, I decided to glue flowers to her letters. It turned out pretty well! I did dark purple and dark pink (with some green) for the flower colors and it looks nice in her room with the other accessories. Nathan and I are going to make her a magnetic chalkboard with her name on it too, but that may not be done until this summer. Her toy box is probably going upstairs next to her dresser which is why there is a big space there.
Here are a few photos at the beginning when we were just getting started
Now here's the mostly finished product (and yes, that's Chloe taking a nap in the crib!) The letter flowers almost look red in the photo, but in person they're definitely pink.
The picture on the wall is a poster of her birth announcement :-)
Here is a close up of Chloe sleeping on her new quilt just so you can see what the pattern is on her new bedding
Plus the before and after photos of the wall letters
No comments:
Post a Comment