March started off with a bang. My pregnancy had gone really well with no complications. I was even able to work right up until the end. Monday, March 5th, we went into the hospital for a planned c-section. Baby was born healthy and my recovery was off to a great start.
Then the complications started.
* I caught Chloe's cough when we got home from the hospital. That lasted 2-3 weeks.
* Sunday afternoon the 11th I laid down for a nap and woke up with chills. Nathan took my temperature and it was 102. Yikes. We called my doctor and she started me on antibiotics. Our best guess was mastitis but it took a while to clear up. Finally by the end of the week I was feeling better and even starting to taper off from my pain meds from the surgery.
* Sunday morning, March 18, around 1am I was feeding Megan and I started having a sharp pain under my right rib. It hurt almost like heartburn so once the baby fell asleep I pulled out the tums and all my tricks for combating heartburn. Nothing worked and the pain kept getting worse. I couldn't lay back or lean to the side without shooting pains. Finally at 4:30am the pain was so bad we decided I needed to go to the ER. Turns out I was having a gallbladder attack and needed to have my gallbladder removed. So, just shy of two weeks after my c-section, I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. I spent two days in the hospital and finally made it home Monday evening.
* That last hospital stay turned up a few other health issues. I was diagnosed with Bradycardia (low heart rate) so we're trying to figure out what's causing that issue. Blood work, sleep study, and heart monitoring for me! My oxygen levels were also low so I was sent home with a little breathing machine and an inhaler. Thankfully they just attribute that issue to my cough and two surgeries. I'm now anemic, but we're hoping some iron pills take care of that. And finally, my kidneys don't seem to be functioning at full steam so we're watching them, too.
* Two days after my gallbladder surgery I woke up with back pain that turned out to be a bulging disk. Three weeks later it's finally improving with the help of muscle relaxers and Alleve.
Poor Nathan probably thought he had a few years until he's be tested with that "in sickness and in health" part of the vows!
Here's to a healthy April!
oh man Julie...what a month...wow...I hope April is proving to be a huge improvement!
ReplyDelete