I love my car!
On September 4, 2001, I bought my very first new car. I'd been driving a white 1992 Toyota Camry for a while but the brakes went out over Labor Day weekend, so the day after the holiday I bought a new car. I was a year into my graduate school program so I decided to get a reliable vehicle that I could do all my driving in without worrying about breakdowns. (I was living near Lansing but driving to Battle Creek and Grand Rapids 3x per week for classes.)
Me and my (then) 11 month old niece, Delaney, with "Camy" the day I brought her home with less than 50 miles on the odometer. This was at our house on Kenway Drive in Lansing.
I worked hard and paid it off five years later in October 2006. This is Delaney (6 years old by then) standing with me at my parents' house in Grand Ledge on St. Joe Hwy the week I made the last payment.
On June 20, 2013, my car odometer rolled over to 200,000 miles! A little worse for the wear (a dent on the lower left front and a hubcap I need to replace) but still running great. I took a few photos of my car (and odometer -which was now cruising past 200,000) to show how well she's held up.
So many miles! This car has taken me everywhere. Classes and internships. Traveling with friends in my single days. First jobs. Second jobs. Now that I'm a mommy, my girls (and Nathan) come with me. My backseat is filled with car seats, toys, and books. I love it. And I love that I still get to drive my favorite car.
Next goal - 300,000! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment