Here are the highlights of our month!
Since both girls were at home, we got to do LOTS of errands together! We discovered that our local grocery store had mini shopping carts for kids. So...this idea of having both girls use their own shopping cart... it sounds fun but it's really a big nightmare. If they were not running with the carts they were almost hitting elderly customers who barely made it out of the way in time to avoid them. I told them I was taking a picture because NEVER. AGAIN. would they get to use these carts.
Lunch out and about...
Extra long bath times...
Bowling!
St. Patrick's Day - First Shamrock Shakes! I forgot how yummy these are!
Lunch with cousins Delaney and Alex. Then ice cream and cookies for dessert.
Chloe crafting it up at Sabbath School.
Megan's first nap in an IKEA cart. A really precious moment.
After battling the stomach flu and a respiratory virus, we finally got around to writing out Megan's birthday thank you cards. She wrote her name for the first time! Well, she wrote "MEG" which is what we call her so I figure that counts.
Chloe's preschool class had a get-together while the kids were out on break. The group met at a bounce house and the girls had a rockin' time. Megan is now big enough to climb up the ladders and go down the slides. They were so happy. It's amazing how much kids love to bounce.
My friend Civa stopped by to see us while she was on a layover. We don't get to see her enough but I'm glad made time to stop by. Chloe ran up to her and gave her a big hug when she saw her. She said "Mommy, I remember her!" ha ha
Finally!! On Monday, March 30, Chloe went back to school. It was her first day since March 2, the day before the school fire. She kept talking about how she wanted to run around and hug everyone when she saw them. She got to go to school for three days before the school let out for spring break. She still talks a lot about her "old red brick school" and how she's so sad it burned down. I think this will be a lingering topic over the next year as they are in the temporary location and (we hope) the school gets rebuilt at the original site. In the meantime, Chloe is back to school and getting used to her new building and classroom.
Monday was also grandpa's birthday so the girls "helped" me make a Boston Cream Pie as a gift. Now, this was truly a challenge because I'd never eaten a Boston Cream Pie, let alone made one. But, I found a good recipe for homemade sponge cake, pastry cream, and ganache and we were in business. I think it turned out pretty good and the girls were so proud to give grandpa his birthday pie.









No comments:
Post a Comment