Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

3rd anniversary

Nathan and I were married three years ago today. We're celebrating soon with a weekend up north but since our anniversary fell on a Tuesday, I thought a nice home-cooked meal would be nice. So, the MacGuyver in me set to work to round up some ingredients. I found broccoli in the fridge so that was easy. The freezer held four remaining cream cheese patties that I had made a few weeks ago. The hard part was thinking of something I could make from scratch for the main entree. I noticed we had some cream left over from making ice cream and there was a big Costco-sized container of Parmesan cheese. I was in luck! I melted a stick of butter and added a cup of cream. From there I just put in about 1.5 cups of Parmesan cheese plus 1/2 cup of Asiago that I grated to make the sauce. A wee bit of salt and pepper and it was done.  Tasted pretty good.  Oh yes, and we had some cut up onions and mushrooms left over from Memorial Day when we made pizzas on the grill so I added those.

For dessert I had to rely on some ready-made food. We had some Trader Joe cheesecake slices, whipped cream, and strawberries in the fridge plus some ice cream in the freezer.  I will claim credit for the chocolate chip ice cream, though, since we made that on Saturday.  We had a nice family dinner and a very relaxing evening at home. Not bad for a Tuesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment