"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliott Erwitt
Total Pageviews
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Cemetery
The girls and I took a trip to Battle Creek for my cousin's open house over Memorial Day weekend. We had some extra time so we stopped at the cemetery to visit graves. (My Dad, step-mom Chris, niece Delaney and nephew Alex were also there.) The girls had been in their carseats a lot that day so we let them run and explore. My mom's grave is right next to her parents, and then there are other relatives close by. Cemetery visits are always hard for me - I like going because that's where my mom is but it's hard still being so far from her. It feels like forever until I'm going to see her again. Plus I wish she had met Nathan and been able to know my girls. Makes me sad to think that there is so much of my life she never got to share with me. Can't wait until our reunion in heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment