Total Pageviews

Monday, April 21, 2014

Canvas Painting

I found a set of four canvas boards at Michaels a few weeks ago and thought the girls would have fun painting. The colors actually matched their bedrooms so I thought if they turned out then we might hang them on their bedroom walls. For Chloe's room, I used the purple and green. She put her hand print on the purple canvas and used the green for painting. For Megan's room, I used pink (for her hand print) and yellow for painting. 

I was a little nervous doing this alone with them...it was kid-safe, washable paint but I had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as it should be. I put the colors in separate bowls, put a paint brush in each cup, had two water cups for cleaning brushes, and even brought out a bucket of water so the girls could wash their hands. I thought I was golden. 


I started off by painting their palms and placing their hand prints on the purple and pink canvas boards. That turned out really well. Then I let them do their own thing with the painting.  Overall, they did a pretty decent job with some exceptions. They seemed to like painting their hands and washing them off...and they liked painting the deck.  I kept thinking, "Wow, I didn't think it would be this hard to have kids paint on a piece of canvas sitting right in front of them!"  With some prompting they periodically strayed back on task.  The results were actually fairly good. Chloe's painting had a very "Monet Water Lillies" feel to it, while Megan's was basically blobs of paint with lines. They had fun and seemed happy with how their masterpieces turned out. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment