Total Pageviews

Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring!

Starting in April I returned to my "normal" work schedule of two days a week in the office and NO days a week from home (I'd been working from home several hours a days which put a major crimp in my mom style.) 

Freedom! 

The first day of April we decided to go on an adventure.  We went to the library. I'd never taken the girls there before. (Yikes, that sounds horrible, but did I mention that I'd been working from home a lot the last year?) We wandered downstairs to the children's section and they feasted on books like children breaking a fast.  Our next stop was Taco Bell. We love Taco Bell and since we needed to grab some lunch anyway and it was right on the way to our next stop...we got some burritos. The cashier may have talked us into some Cinnabon bites for dessert. (Our blood sugar was low. We'd been reading a lot.) Since we'd made quick work of our lunch, we had time for some shopping - Hobby Lobby for Easter gear and Home Goods for a new step stool.  By the time we got home we had full tummies, trimmed hair, some new books, and a bag of shopping loot. Good day. 






The next day was big. We saw the Easter Bunny at the local mall. If you know my girls you know they adore characters in costumes.  Really a lot.  The visiting started at 10am when the mall opened so our plan was to get there right then to avoid waiting. It worked. We were the first ones in line. As a matter of fact, the bunny had just come out into the play area by the photo booth when the girls spotted him from about 50 paces. It's a good thing there was no one else there because I'm pretty sure if there had been, the trampled bodies of other small children would have been littering their path. I only have one (somewhat awkward) photo because the Lady At The Mall Taking Easter Bunny Pictures told me that personal photos were not allowed.  Pssst. Anyway, the girls hugged him, hugged him, hugged him. The Lady At The Mall Taking Easter Bunny Pictures mentioned that the bunny would be sitting on the bench by the fake cottage for the picture and they like to have the kids sit and talk to him to warm up. I'm sure I kinda looked at her funny and then replied, "I think they're warmed up." 

After the photo, we decided to walk the mall and get a cookie. We found a chocolate store that sold, what else, double chocolate chip cookies, and decided that sounded like a good after-photo treat. We took our cookies and sat on the benches outside the store. The girls noticed the escalator behind us and asked if we could ride it. Sure. Why not? We rode up and down. Our last stop was the pet store to see the puppies.  Megan totally adores dogs, although she's never around them enough to be comfortable so she has a very confusing, mixed reaction to them. After confirming that we were not getting one (I have the strength of steel when it comes to getting pets), we ended our mall visit. Such a fun morning with nothing to do. 







Now we go on walks, brush our teeth with new Spring toothbrushes, go to the park and play, and then get so tired at the end of the day that we throw tantrums at dinner. Good stuff!






Hello to the month of April! We've been waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment