Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Breakfast of Vikings

Nathan, his mom, and I all took a danish baking class at Bake! in Ann Arbor. As always, we enjoyed ourselves and came home with a billion calories of baked goods. For this class we first learned to make bear claws with almond filling (you'll see these little almond logs in the photos). The last two items were cheese and berry danishes. The dough does take some work. It actually feels more like making bread because you do a lot of rolling and then proofing, but you need to do that to be sure you get the layers of buttery flakiness.  Yes, butter. There is almost two pounds of it in our dough so I'm not exaggerating when I mention they are buttery. I was so tired at the end of the night since I had already worked all day beforehand, but it was nice to do an activity we used to do all the time before Chloe was born.  We hope to take another class around Christmas.
























No comments:

Post a Comment