Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Homemade Cheese Crackers

I found a recipe for homemade Cheez-Its on Pinterest that I thought looked really yummy. Only 5 ingredients - cheese, flour, salt, butter, and ice water - so I knew it wouldn't be too complicated. We are cracker eaters around here and I knew Chloe would love making them, so Sabbath afternoon after she woke up from her nap, we got moving on baking our crackers.





Once we had our dough, rolled it out, cut it into squares, and poked a hole in the center of each little square, we were ready to bake them. We had to watch them because you are supposed to bake them until they start to darken a little, but you don't want to burn them which can happen quickly since they are so small. After about 12 minutes, they were ready.



YUM!


Chloe L-O-V-E-D them so much. She parked herself in front of the plate and stuffed her face with them. After about two minutes of this I said, "Chloe honey, you cannot stand here and eat the whole plate." She put her face on the counter and refused to look at me - she was so upset. 


So we can testify that these crackers are quite good and worth the effort. The ones that were a little thinner and got crispy tasted EXACTLY like Cheez-Its. We will be making these again! I love that they are so quick and that they only requires ingredients that we usually have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment