Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

THE accident

I'm just going to say it - 2016 has been rough! I lost my job, had to fight for unemployment, dislocated my shoulder, hurt my back badly (herniated disc, bulging disc, and pinched nerve) - it seems I barely get over one issue when another one comes along. 

Mid-July I started physical therapy for my back and it was going well. The end of July my orthopedic surgeon recommended I start PT for my shoulders as neither of them had good range of motion and I was still having pain. Needless to say, I was spending a lot of time at PT! Most weeks I went 3 days a week for 90 minutes. It was a lot of work but going well - I was about to be discharged for my back. Major achievement. Thursday, August 11, I left for...you guessed it...PT. I pulled out of my subdivision and was waiting at a red light. Out of nowhere I felt a vehicle ram into the back of my car. HARD. The jolt knocked my head into my steering wheel (ya, ouch) but I was otherwise mostly okay except for the head and neck pain. I looked in my rearview mirror to see a semi truck grill. Yep. The police came. They called an ambulance. Very exciting. 

Long story short...my Toyota Camry with her 244,000+ miles and 15 years was totalled (I bought the car September 4, 2001!). We went car shopping. I'm now the proud owner of a Honda HR-V, which I love, and we now have a new family game of trying to find Camry's that look like mom's old car. 






No comments:

Post a Comment