Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Florida Day 6: Spring Training

Our big adventure for today was the Detroit Tiger vs Atlanta Braves game. The times I've been to spring training in the past we've been in Lakeland at the Tiger's home field, but today they were playing at the ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney which is the Braves' home. We had a fun time. Our tickets were pretty good, but we ended up going back up under shade so Chloe didn't get too much sun. She did great! She loved being outside and watching all the people. Unfortunately the Tigers didn't win, although they should have.  They made three errors in the game!

We have a few cute pictures so I'll put them up. One thing to watch for...when we first sat down I took a few "self portraits" of Nathan and I -- this stupid lady sitting behind us saw us doing this and decided to stick her tongue out and put bunny ears on us. Seriously people?  I try to give Tiger fans some graces. For instance, if I get cut off but the person has the old English "D" in the window, I shrug it off. But, when people mess with my pictures, well that's just inexcusable :-)

Afterward we went to Downtown Disney to do some shopping.  We stopped at Earl of Sandwich for dinner. I tried to eat light because we were getting ice cream so I just had a salad and tomato soup. I actually ordered Wisconsin Cheddar soup only to learn it had bacon in it. (If you want to see me get mad, just get me started on how restaurants overuse bacon and how some seem to stick it in everything, leaving those of us who avoid eating pig with about 2 things to choose from on the menu.) But, the tomato soup was pretty tasty so everything turned out alright. heh heh

One store had Muppet stuffed animals so we got ourselves a Beaker (yeah!) to join my Swedish Chef at home.  I see Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie Bear in our future, although sadly I didn't see a Pepe the Prawn King, which is another favorite of mine. We also found a really cute pink Mickey Mouse t-shirt for Chloe.

We ended the day with giant sundaes from Ghirardelli. Mmmm....

Photos of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment