Today was pretty laid back. It was our last full day in Florida :-( I made homemade strawberry crepes for breakfast first thing, and then later that morning we stopped by the Ice Cream DR so Chloe could meet Colton, Chris' great-nephew who is the same age. Chloe just studied Colton and Colton kept patting Chloe. I think they wondered if it was really real that there was someone else their same size.
From there Dad, Nathan, Chloe, and I headed down to Plant City for the Florida Strawberry Festival. It was huge, like a state fair with tons of food, games, and rides. We walked around the grounds for a bit before stopping to eat some fries and strawberry shortcake. Chloe was a hit -- old ladies kept stopping us to comment on how cute she was. They loved her daisy sandals, floppy hat, and sunglasses. She was a good girl, too, considering I'm sure she was hot and bored the 90 minutes we were there.
Chris had meatball subs ready for us when we got home. Chloe was initiated into the family by getting her height marked on grandpa and grandma's closet wall along with her cousins. Then we stopped back to Ice Cream DR one more time for a quick ice cream cone and to say good bye to family. The rest of the evening was spent packing and relaxing at the house. We leave for the airport at 8am. Time went so fast this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment