We left Florida first thing in the morning. We woke up to sunny skies around 6:30am. Finished packing and had breakfast. Left the house around 8am to head down to Tampa. We made good time and arrived at 9:30. Checking in our bag was quick and we headed for security. In Detroit, security had been pretty easy. They just scanned Chloe's water to be sure it wasn't an explosive and let us go. Here it was pretty uneventful as well, except for the giant puke-fest Chloe had while we were standing in line. I turned and she had literally puked all down my arm and onto one of those metal poles used to keep the ropes up. That's what I get for feeding her cereal and prunes for breakfast and then jostling her around while we trek through the airport. Anyway, I think they were pretty glad to get us moving out of there because they didn't scan her water and they even let my Aquafina bottle through. They did stop Nathan for his swiss army knife -- which oddly made it through at Detroit just fine. Isn't that strange? That in Detroit they were so concerned about Chloe's water in her bottles and they missed Nathan's knife? Weird and somewhat scary what gets through security.
But, after all that we were at our gate by 10am, a full 90 minutes before our flight was scheduled to leave. We used the bathrooms and I bought some Combos at a snack shop. Our flight was really full so they started boarding at 10:45 so our wait was actually pretty short. Chloe did well again on the flight, only some minor fussing before she fell asleep. I had the worst time it seems. I had been congested the whole time in FL and the air pressure as we were landing killed my ears and gave me an ear ache the rest of the day.
Finally, we landed safely, got our bag, and were picked up by Nathan's mom. Before long we were home and unpacking. We didn't have any food in the house so that night we went to Red Robin for dinner. Just as we were leaving dinner, it started snowing. Ugh! I was so hoping I wouldn't see snow again for many, many months, but no, it snowed. And it snowed like 3 inches that night.
We had a great trip and thankfully winter is on its way out, so hopefully MI will be full of sunshine and blue skies very soon.
A few photos of the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment