We had a really busy Wednesday but unfortunately we forgot to charge the camera battery so I don't have all that many photos from the day. Boo! But we got a few photos.
We went to breakfast at Boma, the restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was so good and they had POG! (Pineapple-Orange-Guava juice I fell in love with in Hawaii). After stuffing ourselves and me personally drinking a gallon of POG, we went next door to Animal Kingdom to ride the safari. (Nathan told me after the fact that there was a sign stating expectant mothers should not ride -- oh well -- I was blissfully unaware and bumpy roads didn't put me into labor.) It was really getting warm by the time we got off and there wasn't much else for Chloe, so we decided to head back to the hotel and take the boat to Epcot. Oh, we did stop briefly in the Dolphin (sister hotel of the Swan) to see their Christmas tree (there's a photo of Chris, Chloe, Nathan, and me in front of it) and to the Yacht Club to see their gingerbread house village.
Once in Epcot we stopped to see Winnie the Pooh and Tigger just to see how Chloe would react. She loved them! I think she wanted Pooh to hold her. We considered it a good omen that things would go well at the character breakfast.
All five of us had lunch in Italy at the World Showcase around 2:30. It was yummy! I had an appetizer similar to an eggplant parmesan (which Chloe helped me eat) and Nathan had buffalo mozzarella with tomato and basil. He had balsalmic vinegar put on it and Chloe went to town eating it. I swear, this girl will eat anything. For our meals Chloe and I had a a pasta with cream sauce and Nathan had gnocchi. Dad had what I did and Chris had spaghetti. By the time I finished my cannoli, I was way full. We did some wandering for a bit and then attended the candlelight processional, a Christmas program put on by Epcot. Isabella Rossellini was the celebrity that read the Christmas story and narrated the program - she's the one in red in the center of the photo. (Snaps to the person who can tell me the episode of "Friends" in which Isabella Rossellini makes a cameo.) Despite some sprinkles and a general drop in temps, we had a really nice time. We had planned to stay in Epcot for a bit but it was really too chilly so we walked back to the hotel, with a quick stop for hot chocolate.


No comments:
Post a Comment