Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!


A very merry Christmas to everyone! We had a blessed year and hope that 2013 was good to you. We had many happy moments mixed in with some sad good-byes, but we thank God for the blessings He's given us and pray that we will be ready when Jesus returns soon. We're looking forward to 2014 and the adventures the Lord has planned for us.

Christmas morning was just the four of us. Nathan had gotten up early to start on the food for our holiday meals while I slept in a bit. The girls woke up around 7:30 so once I confirmed that Santa had indeed finished his visit, we brought the girls downstairs and they got to see the tree all decked out with the presents and the stockings overflowing. We checked out our stockings and then got busy unwrapping presents. The girls played with their new toys and watched "The Polar Express" while we finished making breakfast - strawberry stuffed french toast, hasbrown casserole, and fruit.











After our Christmas breakfast, we packed up our food for dinner and headed to Nathan's brother's house for appetizers, gifts, and dinner.  In an effort to shake things up, we were all supposed to make a new dish for each course. For our appetizer I made a fruit Christmas tree, for entree I made a Potato Mushroom Gatto (an Italian dish of mashed potatoes with veggies and cheese in between layers), vegetable was a brussel spouts gratin, dessert was a yule log, and for a drink we made Grinch punch. 









Between appetizers and dessert we opened presents. The girls got an airport, a doll house with people and furniture, plus some cars and and several other little fun presents. I got a few things for the house, a new camera bag, and a gift card for a massage. Santa was very good to me this year!




Thanks to my sister-in-law Melissa for sending me these photos she took:






My father-in-law made the kids a Snowman Kit. It's a wooden box with all sorts of supplies (most made out of wood except for the gloves) to use on a rolled snowman. We think he should make these to sell on Etsy because they are so cute! I'm secretly hoping we don't get enough snow this winter to use it, but since I'm pretty sure my wish will not come true, it will be a fun thing to use when we get out into the snow. 


Our Christmas was wonderful this year. We're looking forward to seeing my family in two weeks when Dad and Chris visit from Florida!




No comments:

Post a Comment