Here are a few shots of the homemade pizza we made last weekend. It was DE-licious! I love being able to make my own pizza from start to finish.
On a healthier note, for dinner this weekend I made stuffed peppers. I wasn't totally convinced that I'd love this dish because it seemed a little *too* healthy sounding, but it's now one of my favorite new recipes! You start your quinoa on the stove (takes about 20 minutes or so) and then dice up a handful of all of your vegetables. In our case this is what I had on hand: mushrooms, onions, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. With only about a tsp of oil in a pan, I sauteed the veggies until they were pretty much to the point that I'd eat them. I had also cleaned out my four green peppers so I mixed the cooked quinoa and veggies in a bowl (adding a pinch of salt and pepper) and then just scooped the veggies into the peppers and topped them with feta cheese. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. At first we weren't sure how to attack these - but decided to eat them like a steak (not that either of us have ever eaten a steak, but...). It worked. It took a minute to cut the green pepper into strips and then cut them in bites, but then it was just all eating from there out.
So far I've had a lot of luck finding some really good healthy recipes on Pinterest so if you're looking for more specific instructions, there are a few good stuffed pepper recipes floating around over there!

No comments:
Post a Comment