Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 9, 2013

The big ONE

Our baby Megan turned one year old this week! We had her party on March 9 and had a good time making food and decorating the house. Chloe and Megan had so much fun with their aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a busy day but a great party celebrating Megan's first year of life.

Friday afternoon while the girls were napping I had some time to decorate the kitchen for the party. I thought "polka dots" would be a fun theme so I found an idea on Pinterest to layer streamers and balloons in different colors. I thought it turned out to be so cute! We also decorated with m&m's and jelly beans - can't beat decorations you can eat :)

For the meal we had grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato basil soup with tortellini, salad, fruit, chips, and macaroni salad. For dessert we had polka dot cake, homemade ice cream (strawberries & cream, lemon, and blue moon), and chocolate chip toffee dip.  Nathan also whipped up some homemade waffles cones for the ice cream.





























Megan got her first taste of cake and ice cream.  She wasn't in love with it - I think she thought the ice cream was too cold - but she enjoyed playing with the cake scraps and ice cream bowl.





The kiddies had fun. I think they ran around our house about 100 times that afternoon!






Time for gifts! Megan got clothes for this summer and new toys. Chloe was a big help opening them.





After the party Chloe decided it would be fun to walk around the house in the shopping cart.  I asked her what she was doing but she just laughed and kept moving. Kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment