Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

Lasagna

I love pasta so much but it is one of the worst foods to eat when you're trying to lose weight. I've tried whole wheat lasagna and some of it is ok, but I decided if I want actual pasta, I'm going to eat it on rare occasions and come up with diet-friendly options for daily meals.  So how happy was I when I came across this recipe on Pinterest for low-carb lasagna? Very happy :)   The idea is that you still have a little ricotta and mozzarella cheese, but you bulk up the casserole with veggies instead of using pasta (you're also supposed to put in some sort of crumbled meat or fake meat, but Nathan has a serious aversion to it so I just left it out). Besides my favorites of onions, garlic, and mushrooms, I very thinly sliced a yellow squash and zucchini and used those as "noodles" in the bottom layer. A little marinara sauce and we were on our way. It was delicious and surprisingly comforting. It's going into the rotation!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment