Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Palmiers

After taking the danish class we felt pretty confident that we could make other pastries. I LOVE palmiers so we decided to play with making pastry dough. It's not particularly hard, but it does take time. You make the dough and do a lot of rolling, folding, resting, rolling, folding, resting. It's all this folding that creates the layers of flakiness we all know and love.

Nathan's mom came over and the three of us worked on it off and on throughout Sunday. When the dough was finally ready, we did some more folding (adding sugar this time) and cutting, and baked the palmiers. They turned out really well! I added cinnamon sugar to some and they were even better. Nathan decided to make some pastry baskets with his so his are the ones in the box shape. It's not something I would do all the time but luckily you can make pastry dough and keep it in the fridge for a year, so we could make one batch that would last us a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment